Wednesday, August 27, 2008

The Glass is Half Full


We had our first wedding-related let down last week. I definitely expect that everything won't come together perfectly, so it did not upset me too much, but I have to say that I was disappointed. Originally, we had planned our rehearsal dinner as a welcome party, as we anticipate so many guests will be coming from out of town. Band, check. Checkered tablecloths, check. Inexpensive but tasty casual supper, check. Sunflower centerpieces, check. Venue, check. Or so I thought...

I was a little disappointed by the Dark Horse Bar and Grill's lack of professionalism. I'd given them a deposit in July, and it late August it hadn't been cashed. As it turns out, they bumped us for another event and sent us back the original check. No call, no real explanation; they simply sent us a letter and the check and said what amounted to "sorry". It was back to the drawing board for us.

Right now we are considering the Gateway Fun Park in Boulder, CO. Both Andrew and I are actually more excited about this choice. Gateway has an "events tent" (the white type you see in wedding pictures), checkered tablecloths, a horse shoe pit, a sand volleyball court, a place for our band to set up and....miniature golf, go karts, batting cages and more. What a fun way for guests to mix and mingle. The only drawbacks at this point are that it will be more expensive, but I feel good about the choice regardless. After all, you only do this once, right?

No comments: