Wednesday, April 16, 2008

I Dream of Gobo....


As you know if you have been reading my blog, or if you have the pleasure (He! He!) of knowing me in actual reality, you know that I am obsessed with details. In fact, my high school friends dubbed me "Martha" because of my liking of holiday decorations, themed parties, baking and the like. You can imagine that this wedding is just the thing to put my detail obsessed self into overdrive. My latest gotta have it? A gobo. What is a gobo you ask? A gobo is a carved steel (or glass) plate that filters light through it to create a pattern like the one pictured above. I've found a custom kit for $200 here http://lightyourname.com/WeddingGobos.html and I think that I am going to go for it. Instead of on the wall as pictured, I am thinking of adding it to our dance floor to spice things up a bit. I thought that I would have a monogram created to match the ones on our invite (more on that later). But, as my wedding is a ways away (Darn it!) and I have not yet asked my dj if he can accommodate it (Note to self...ask dj about gobo), it will just have to wait until closer to the big day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I went to the website you have listed, and there is no way to purchase the site is not built yet, I called them and that is a rental price they want to add to them setting it all up, it gets alot more costly... However I did find stagespot.com here is there link http://www.stagespot.com/gobo.html
they have the gobo for $77, and they will send the same source four light out for $40, I'm not that good at math but thats actually a heck of a lot better! They also had some very good information on gobos there if your interested.