Thursday, April 3, 2008

Wedding Party Party


Andrew is a very easy going guy who is rarely adamant about what he wants for the wedding. Naturally, when he is I take note. One aspect of our wedding that he was very excited about was the prospect of renting cabins where all of our bridal party would be able to mingle and to enjoy eachother's company in a more party-like atmosphere before the big day. Accomodating a bridal party of 14 and their dates is no easy task. I searched high and low before finally remembering a retreat I had been to at the YMCA of the Rockies in Estes Park, Colorado....

The YMCA has been in several publications including Better Homes and Gardens, Outside Magazine, The Chicago Tribune, and The New York Times. Not too shabby! When I looked into it more, I realized that they offered a plethora of outdoor activities that would be fun for all including a swimming pool, horseback riding, a rock climbing wall and rollerskating, to name a few. Note to self: book a hayride for the bridal party the night everyone arrives.

Until I am able to take some pictures of my own, this link will have to do:http://www.ymcarockies.org/.
No sooner had I fallen in love, than I realized that they book far in advance. Like two years in advance. Just my luck.... they had just the number of cabins that I needed. I snatched those babies right up and am now more excited than ever for my big day to be here!

No comments: