Thursday, October 2, 2008

Delightful DIY


I loved this sign from Delightful details, but did not love the price tag that came with it ($74). I decided to take matters into my own hands and to see if I could make my own sign before I spent more $ on wedding related items. So, without further adieu, here it is....



It's hard to tell in the picture, but there is a brown border around the pink, just perfect with our wedding colors! Also, Andrew still has to drill the holes in the top for me so that I can add the ribbon to hang it at the site (from a shepard's hook).
Materials:
  • Wooden Sign:$9.99

  • Paint $ 2.97 (.99 for each color at Hobby Lobby on sale)

  • Ribbon $2.99

  • Stickers $11.99

Total Cost:$27.93

Total Time 1.5 Hours

Top photo credit, Ms. Petunia from http://www.weddingbee.com/.

No comments: